Saturday, July 9, 2011

The times they are a changin'

My baby sister is graduating. I can't even being to comprehend this...she is 18...she is able to vote, smoke or buy lottery tickets. Where did the little girl who loved her binkie and couldn't say ravioli properly? I want her back!

I know I sound like a mother right now but there are 6 years in between us...so in a way i am like a mother to her...but the really cool mom. The one who lets you get away with tons of shit and you can tell everything to.

Now my baby is off to college. She is going to a different school than the rest of her friends...I can't tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet. She is going to a co-ed school though and will be playing sports so I feel like she will be able to make friends quite rapidly. She also always been a social butterfly so Im not worried about her.

I went to one of the few remaining all female colleges in the country. It was a wonderful experience but I honestly don't recommend it to anyone. It was very hard without the easiness that guys seem to add to things. I wouldn't change my experience because it really taught me how to survive completely on my own. It wasn't the 'typical' college experience that you see in movies but it suited me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment